Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What is wrong with this budgies overgrown beak?

I went over to my friends house today and her father in law has a girl budgie that looks similar to this but with a white cere. a href="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3192/3021163097_0c3e289fbf.jpg" rel="nofollow"http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3192/3021…/a The beak on the bird is severely overgrown and ruff looking with cracks, the eyes are also swollen and she can't open them all the way. He told me that he cut the beak once and it grew back. Then he said he put olive oil over the eyes as someone suggested to him. I told him he needs to bring it to a vet to get checked out. I'm worried about the bird because it can't eat right with the beak so overgrown. I'm wondering if it has an infection. He also cut part of the wings off when he first got it and shortly after is when the eyes became swollen. Do any of you have an idea of what is wrong with this bird so that I have more info to explain to him why he needs to bring the bird to a vet. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment