Thursday, July 14, 2011

I upset my ex does this hurt my chances of reconciling?

So my ex and I were together for six years and about a week and a half ago we broke up and our ten month old daughter and I moved out to Iowa to stay with my family. We broke up bc we were fighting over my jealously and insecurities and him withdrawing from me. He told me while we were breaking up that he didn't love me anymore and he was tired of the fighting. So, I left and have waited for a couple days after getting here for him to contact me. I was literally in agony bc with the split he said maybe in a couple months we could reconcile once we got some of our stuff figured out but he wasn't making any promises. So, today I needed to talk to him about giving me money for our daughter and he called after I called him first. We talked made plans about money for our daughter and then I asked him how he was and he said he was fine just working. I asked him if he missed me and he said he didn't know bc it had only been one week since I had left. I figured that meant he needed more space to figure out if the split really was for the best. However, the drama began bc a mutual friend of ours who are married but live apart reached out to me thru Facebook and was talking to me about the wife left with their two sons a couple months ago bc she was tired of her husbands stuff and her husband stayed with my ex is. So, I was told by my ex that his buddy was cheating on his wife, which btw she's eight months pregnant with their child, and I couldn't help but tell her bc I felt so bad knowing the secret. What I didn't even think of when I did this was that telling her this might make it more difficult for my ex at work and he's trying to get promoted. He called me upset and said it wasn't my business and I am still angry with him for the split so I said it wasn't his business bc we aren't together and I can say what I want. After I cooled down I realized I had broken his confidence and trust by revealing something I shouldn't have put my nose in and I sent him a text saying that. Also, when we were on the phone I found out he was going out tonight and I told him to go get drunk and **** a girl in anger and he responded with "maybe I will". I love him and want our family back and I totally fudged up with this, but my question is does this mistake make it so we can't ever possibly reconcile? I had made it where all the friends I knew from where he is I cut off bc I didn't want to know about him being with girls and rebounding and all that stuff, but now by telling this woman she confirmed he was going out and my heart sank bc I am not going out, I am not partying it up bc I am taking care of our daughter. I just want to know by me spilling the beans over something I shouldn't have if that makes things worse and if I should just move on and let go. I mean he's very upset with me but he knows how much I want our family and how much I want him. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment