Saturday, July 16, 2011

What do you do after you fall for your best friend and things go wrong?

So how a lot of stories go there is this guy. We have been friends for about 8 years he asked me out once when were really young and I told him no because I didn't feel the same, but I promised to stay his friend and I did. Throughout high school he had multiple girlfriends and not too many of them liked me. One girl I set him up with broke up with him because she told me, she thought he was in love with me, but I still didn't feel the same so I ignored it. After graduation I went to college and he went to the military, but we still stayed very close through email and fb. A year out of high school I went through a tough time and even though he was thousands of miles away he was very supportive and I grew to count on him more and more, but feeling unsure of my feelings with him I waited until he came home. On his leave he came and we visited for a brief time because he didn't have much time home and I knew that my feelings were more than just friends. So after he left I told him how I felt and he felt the same, he said he didn't want to date me because he would be deployed soon and he would prefer if we waited. After that we "talked" for two or three months acknowledging how we both felt about each other and he made it seem that I was the only girl he was "talking" to. Unfortunately I was wrong he slept with one girl and was talking to another. Normally people say when you’re "talking" you are allowed to talk to more than one person, he goes by a double standard because he would flip if I was with another guy in any way and to be honest I only wanted to be with him anyway. So I deleted him off of fb after our fight and didn’t talk to him for a month because I couldn’t stand fighting with my best friend, until he got another leave and we ran into each other and I wasn’t very happy to see him, but I had missed him so it was hard, but I refused to let him hug me and he got angry with me. He texted the next day and we fought and it has now been a month and half since we have talked and I really don't know what to do. I miss my friend very much and I'm really not sure what went wrong, for him to be with two other girls seems odd because he has always respected me and cared for me to the point where he has physically fought for me. When I asked him why he did this he just says he didn't want to break my heart and he didn't know if he could take that chance of hurting me and that he isn't good enough for me. idk what I am supposed to do with that is he playing me or is he being genuine? I want to be with a guy who wants to be with me and only me, but I would hate to lose my friend. What should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment