Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Can I get a restraining order against my childrens father for them?(florida)?

My children went to their dads for two weeks. We have joint custody and there is no primary. He kept them for two weeks because Father's Day came on the week I was supposed to have them and my sons birthday was that week as well. On Sunday the 26th the boys came back from their father's house and my four year old told me that he no longer wanted to go to his daddy's house and that his daddy was mean to him. I asked him what happened and he said "daddy calls me a little b word and he kicks me." When we got home from picking them up I noticed that he had two bruises on his face and I asked him what happened and he said that his daddy grabbed has face really hard. I asked him why his daddy was doing this stuff and he said because he was bad and threw a temper tantrum. I called the local police and the police where the children's father lives and I also notified DCFS. I took them to the doctor and to the Child Protection Team doctor. The CPT concluded that with what my son was telling them while I was out of the room, that they see it posing a problem for them to go back to their dads. If I go to the courthouse and file a restraining order against him on the kids behalf will they give it to me. My son is scared and he doesn't act the same anymore. He won't sleep without a light on, if I go somewhere in the next room he screams don't leave me... I am so unbelievable stressed and scared for my childrens lives. Does anyone know if they will give me one with what I have told you? Thanks for your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment